- The position of the Vice-Chancellor of the University will become vacant in October 2020. In keeping with the Ajayi Crowther University Law of 2003 (Miscellaneous and General Provisions) No.24 (3), the Governing Council wishes to initiate the process of filling the vacancy. Interested candidates are required to note the following information about the University.
- The Vice-Chancellor is the Chief Executive, Academic and Financial Officer of the University.
- He is the Chairman of Senate and other statutory bodies.
- He serves as the link between the Governing Council and the University Community and has the overall responsibility for the achievement of the goals and objectives of the University.
The candidate for the post of Vice-Chancellor must have a good University education up to a Ph.D. Degree and also be a proven successful manager of human and material resources. Specifically, the candidate shall be expected to:
- Be a highly distinguished academic of the rank of a Professor who can provide academic and administrative leadership in a young University
- He/She should normally have been an Academic in a University for at least fifteen years, not less than ten of which must be as Professor;
- Be a scholar who is firmly-rooted in the finest academic tradition;
- Have a clear vision for the development and growth of the University;
- Be able to command the respect of national and international academic communities through his/her tract record:
- Possess the ability to sustain harmony in the University Community and between the University and the host community;
- Have initiative for sustaining the accelerated pace of development of the University even under financial and other challenging constraints;
- Have good grasp of information and communication technology skills and appreciate its significance in the contemporary knowledge industry;
- Be able to attract research grants and complementary funds from local and international agencies and further uplift the academic status of the University;
- Be able to relate efficiently with Government, Non-governmental Organizations, the alumni, and foster linkages with institutions within and outside Nigeria;
- Be a person of probity and integrity;
- Be someone who appreciates, respects and promotes merit without fear or favour even while under pressure; and
- Enjoy certified sound physical and mental health.
- He/She should not be more than 65 years of age at the time of appointment.
Terms and Conditions of Service
- The Vice-Chancellor shall hold office for a single term of five (5) years only on such terms and conditions as may be specified in the letter of appointment. The remuneration and other conditions of service shall be as obtainable in the Federal Universities.
Interested and qualified candidates are required to submit 20 word-processed copies of their Applications, Photocopies of Academic Credentials and Curriculum Vitae giving information in the following format:
- Full names with surname In Capitals
- Post desired and Department
- Date of birth, town and state of origin
- Religion and Denomination
- Current Postal Address
- Permanent Home Address (with Telephone No)
- Marital Status
- Name and ages of children
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic Qualifications
- Working Experience
- Present employment, status, salary and employer
- List of publications in details (where applicable)
- Extracurricular activities
- Names and addresses of 3 referees whose reports should be sealed and submitted along with the application. Two of the referees must be authorities in the candidate’s area of specialization.
All applications should be addressed and sent to:
Ajayi Crowther University,
- In all instances, verifiable professional, academic, moral and spiritual references are prerequisites.
- The post applied for and Department are to be indicated at the top-left corner of the sealed envelope containing the application.