The Global Center for Good Governance in Tobacco Control 2020 Global Media Competition
About the Competition
The Global Center for Good Governance in Tobacco Control (GGTC)*, a partner in STOP (Stopping Tobacco Organizations and Products), is organizing its first Global Media Competition to seek compelling visual designs that portray tobacco industry manipulation.
The competition builds upon this year’s theme for World Health Organization’s World No Tobacco Day: “Protecting youth from industry manipulation and preventing them from tobacco and nicotine use.” Designs should aim to inform youth about industry manipulation and to prompt them to participate in countering the industry. The winning graphics will be shared with advocates from around the world to support their efforts to protect youth from being targeted by tobacco companies.
This competition is open to everyone. Those below 18 years old will require parental or guardian consent.
To submit entries, each participant must fill out the registration form.
- APRIL 28 TO MAY 31, 2020Submission of entries
- EARLY JUNEAnnouncement of winners
Submissions may be in the forms of memes, GIFs (Graphic Interchange Format), digital stickers, posters, infographics, and short videos.
All entries must adhere to the competition rules. GGTC will provide a list of facts about the industry. Participants can select one fact that will guide them in creating their content and graphics or use other relevant information that exposes tobacco industry manipulation.
- Each participant may submit a maximum of three entries.
- Entries from all parts of the world that are written in English are most welcome. However, entries written in the national language of Bengali, Filipino, Hindi, Indonesian, Portuguese, Spanish, Ukranian, Urdu, and Vietnamese will also be accepted, provided that the participant will supply the English translation.
- All participants must post their entries on their Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Youtube accounts and use the following hashtags: #ExposeTobacco, #TheGGTC, and #NoTobacco.
- Each entry must be an original work and must not infringe on the intellectual property or other rights of any other third party, regardless of country of residence.
- By submitting an entry, each participant agrees to grant Southeast Asia Tobacco Control Alliance (SEATCA)* the right without obligation, to use the visual/graphic materials for any purpose determined.
- GGTC reserves the right to disqualify entries that do not comply with the competition rules, or that are not in compliance with the Conflict of Interest clauses provided in the registration form.*GGTC is a joint initiative of SEATCA and School of Global Studies, Thammasat University.
Materials will be judged according to the following criteria:
- RELEVANCE TO THE THEMEThe use of combined visuals and text to convey the theme.
- QUALITY OF THE CONTENTThe use of valid and accurate information presented in a visually pleasing and understandable manner.
- CREATIVITY AND ORIGINALITYThe use of original graphics, original editing of graphics, or design elements to convey the message.
- OVERALL IMPACTThe emotional impact evoked by the graphic material as influenced by its composition and presentation.
- ONLINE VOTING RESULTSThe total number of votes/reactions gathered by the material using Facebook and Twitter.
- MEME, GIF, DIGITAL STICKER, AND POSTER
- 1st Place winner: $2,000
- 2nd Place winner: $1,000
- 3rd Place winner: $500
- INFOGRAPHICS AND SHORT VIDEO
- 1st Place winner: $5,000
- 2nd Place winner: $2,000
- 3rd Place winner: $1,000
Creators of winning entries may also be eligible to win:
• An all-expenses-paid trip to attend the Asia Pacific Conference on Tobacco or Health (APACT) in Bangkok to showcase their entry. APACT is a regional tobacco control conference involving over 1,000 public health professionals.
• An opportunity for the entry to be used in the Global Tobacco Industry Interference Index report, the GGTC website, and other promotional materials.
Read More at STOP Website Here https://www.ggtc.world/exposetobacco/
Application Link https://www.ggtc.world/exposetobacco/form.html