The Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards
The Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards are geared towards enhancing the visibility and grant recognition to entities from the Travel and Tourism industry.
Based on the declaration of the United Nations in 2002
Skål International launched its own ‘Sustainable Tourism Awards’ the same year, to spotlight best practices globally.
Skål International Sustainable Tourism Awards are open annually to all public and private sector companies, educational institutions, NGOs, and government agencies.
All sustainable operations and activities must be implemented by the company, NGO or agency applying for the award. Projects that are yet not in operation are not eligible.
Entry submission can be made in one of the following categories:
- Community and Government Projects
- Countryside and Biodiversity
- Educational programmes and Media
- Major Tourist Attractions
- Marine and Coastal
- Rural Accommodation
- Tour Operators-Travel Agents
- Tourist Transport
- Urban Accommodation
1 FEBRUARY – CALL FOR ENTRIES
30 JUNE – DEADLINE FOR RECEIPT OF APPLICATIONS
31 AUGUST – END OF JUDGES EVALUATION PERIOD
CERTIFICATES OF RECOGNITION – TBA
Certificates of Recognition
The 19th Sustainable Tourism Awards ceremony was going to take place during the 2020 Skål World Congress, however, this important event that every year gathers travel executives from all around the world has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Skål International wishes, however, to grant recognition to those entities worldwide that work hard towards sustainability and responsible tourism and will be delighted to present them with Certificates of Recognition.
Why should you enter these Awards?
- To enhance visibility and get recognition of your outstanding performance in terms of sustainable and responsible tourism.
- To increase your contacts and introduce your products and services to professionals from the tourism industry from all over the world.
- To obtain media coverage among the entire Skål membership worldwide and our international press contacts.
- To get a free certification granted by Biosphere Tourism.
Applications close 30 June 2020 at 23:59 CET. Entry is free.
Read More Here https://www.skal.org/sta-winners
Application Form https://form.jotformeu.com/53492558242359